Main    News    Small grants competition under the project "Capacity building of the IDP groups"

Small grants competition under the project "Capacity building of the IDP groups"

 
Charitable Endowment "Right to Protection" announces small grants contest for public organizations in Dnipropetrovsk, Zaporizhia, Kharkiv, Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts (territory, controlled by Ukrainian government). The maximum grant amount is 61 000 UAH. Deadline - March 15, 2017.
 
Charitable endowment "Right to Protection" announces small grants contest under the project "Increasing Capacities for Group of internally displaced persons", implemented with the support of National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
 
The purpose of the contest – is to support the initiatives of local public organizations and charitable endowments, which are working to solve the problems of internally displaced persons (IDP) and host communities (in terms of issues, related to social cohesion of community and solving community issues IDPs) in Dnipropetrovsk, Zaporizhia, Kharkiv , Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts (territory controlled by the Ukrainian government).  

Invited to submit the contest:

Charitable organizations and public organizations (non-profit code 005/0036, 006/0032) registered and operating in Dnipropetrovsk, Zaporizhia, Kharkiv, Donetsk and Lugansk regions (Donetsk and Lugansk region - an area, which is controlled by Ukrainian government) to solve the problems of internally displaced people.

Project applications are not accepted from religious (non-profit code 0013 or 0035) organizations, political parties and their local organizations, trade unions, local government associations, local authorities and executive bodies, public institutions and enterprises, individuals, commercial organizations.

Can not participate in contest and get the grant public and charitable organizations, which are:

  • In liquidation procedure;
  • have legal relationships and/or provide recourses or support to persons or organizations, which are concerned with terrorism;
  • made affords or  had actions upon Contest Evaluative Committee or Organizer, Administrator for the purpose of illegal decision-making in their favor.
Project offers can be supported if they meet one or more of the following priority areas:
  • Adaptation improvement of IDPs in host communities;
  • Implementation of public control and monitoring of local authorities and local government in keeping the rights of IDPs;
  • Protection and promotion of human rights (in the area of working with IDPs);
  • Public Education, advocacy and community unification to jointly solve the problems of IDPs;
  • Assistance (except charitable or humanitarian) for internally displaced persons from the Crimea, Donetsk and Lugansk regions.
Activities that can be supported within this contest:
- the public events organization (public hearings, public discussions fees residence, roundtables, trainings, conferences, etc. );
- publication and dissemination of information materials, printed and electronic publications, brochures, etc;
- Information campaigns if they are a part of a broader activity;
- monitoring of authorities and local self-governments in keeping the rights of IDPs, identifying problematic issues and working out mechanisms for their solution on local level.
This list is not exhaustive.

Project duration: 4 months, starting from April 30, 2017.  

The requested maximum grant may not exceed 61 000 USD.

The amount of the expected grant from Charitable Endowment "Right to Protection"shall be not more than 90% of the necessary expenses budgeted for the project. The remaining 10% of the costs grantees must be financed by funds rose from other sources or own contribution of the organization. Own contribution can be represented by not financial resources, or contribution from other sources, including project partners resources.

Deadline for offers submission: from 15 February 2017 to 15 March 2017 (23:59 hours).

The form for project offers submission 

 The Statute with the detailed conditions of the Competition  

Representatives of organizations interested in submitting offers may apply to the Project Manager for additional information or with questions for clarification

 You can send your questions by email: [email protected]  till 1 March 2017.

All questions and answers will be published on the website of the organization: www.r2p.org.ua
Project Manager - Svetlana Tkachenko, [email protected]

 

Share at social networks